A STEP UP, INC. MISSION: To elevate the performance of coaches, increase their opportunities for advancement and professional development by training, inspiring and connecting them in a professional environment.
A STEP UP
Assistant Coaches Professional Development Symposium
Monday, May 7 - Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Designed to help you perform at a higher. A STEP UP Professional Development Symposiums provide an opportunity for you to become a better, more prepared coach and teacher of the game.
Discover coaching philosophies, teaching techniques, work habits and values that will help you be successful on and off the basketball court.
Learn coaching strategies, skills, drills and how to achieve longevity in coaching from some of the best in the business. Presenters will share intimate stories of their success and missteps on their professional journey.
Who should attend?
- Assistant Coaches with less than seven (7) years college coaching experience
- Aspiring assistant college colleges
Why you should attend?
- Learn and network with some of the best assistant coaches in the business
- Pick up new drills
- Discover how to become more relevant and relatable to recruits
- Gain new insight on how to motivate and inspire consistent effort
- Learn how to strengthen relationships across campus
- Become an asset to your program and head coach
What to expect?
- A first class experience
- An increased network of like minded coaches
- Take-aways to help you elevate to the top of your game
$250 Early Bird; $275 After April 1
- On Court Skills Development Clinic
- Participant Notebook
- Networking Reception
- Legend’s Breakfast
UPLIFT Scholarships are available for those experiencing a financial hardship. Applications are due by March 23, 2018.
Official Host Hotel
SHERATON ATLANTA HOTEL
165 Cortland St. NE
ATLANTA, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 659-6500
$170 per night (plus state & local taxes)
Rate good through April 24, 2018
Self Parking: $20 per night
Monday, May 7
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
On Court – Skills Clinic
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Opening Keynote Presenter
7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Tuesday, May 8
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Round Table Discussion
6:00 – 6:15 PM
Wednesday, May 9
8:30 am – 1:00 pm
“The panels of experts in our field sharing their knowledge. Also loved the Head Coach and Administrator Component this year. We were able to hear...every perspective.”
“All presenters were awesome and I learned a lot…sessions that stood out to me were: On Court presentations, Session on balance, the Legends Talk.