A STEP UP, INC. MISSION: To elevate the performance of coaches, increase their opportunities for advancement and professional development by training, inspiring and connecting them in a professional environment.
A STEP UP - Next Level
Monday, May 7 - Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Receive personalized coaching from college administrators focused on helping you become more effective in the interview process and in your new role as a head coach.
Gain insight about how to create and/or tweak your action plan and portfolio by observing the successful habits and missteps that relatively new head coaches have experienced on their journey to becoming a college head coach. Examine your coaching philosophies and unchallenged assumptions about leadership and how to build a successful program.
Successful head coaches share strategies for leading, managing, teaching and changing the culture of a new program.
Who should attend?
- Assistant Coaches with seven (7) years or more coaching experience looking to take the next step in your career
Why you should attend?
- Learn how to get on the radar of college administrators and make their short list
- Discover lessons learned from relatively new head coaches about what they knew and didn’t know when they accepted the job
- Enlarge your networking circle
- Discover what should be included in your portfolio
What to Expect:
- Get the secrets to selling yourself on paper, over the phone, and in person during the interview process
- One on one communication with college administrators
$275 Early Bird; $300 After April 1
- On Court Skills Development Clinic
- Participant Notebook
- Networking Reception
- Legend’s Breakfast
UPLIFT Scholarships are available for those experiencing a financial hardship. Applications are due by March 23, 2018.
Official Host Hotel
SHERATON ATLANTA HOTEL
165 Cortland St. NE
ATLANTA, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 659-6500
$170 per night (plus state & local taxes)
Rate good through April 24, 2018
Self Parking: $20 per night
Monday, May 7
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
On Court – Skills Clinic
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Opening Keynote Presenter
7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Tuesday, May 8
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Lunch with Athletic Administrators
1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Wednesday, May 9
8:30 am – 1:00 pm